Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Twitter: Now It's for Mom and Pop

On the one hand, I’m haven’t been a Twitterer. I don’t think I’m becoming a Luddite. But I had not been convinced that Twitter was anything other than a way for attention-starved people to annoy people with the irrelevant details of their painfully bland lives.

I don’t need Twitter for that; I already have people in my life who fulfill that purpose.

But I read an article in the New York Times about small business owners finding new customers or, at the least, mentors through Twitter. So who knows, maybe my next mentor might be found there.

Inspired, I sent a couple of long Twitter-like rants through Facebook, expressing my concerns about the increasingly endangered health care bill in Congress. I don’t expect those rants to change the course of the legislation. But they have, at the least, given me a visible means of expressing my views on the topic. Another benefit of micro-blogging.

Read the entire article at http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/23/business/smallbusiness/23twitter.html?_r=1&em

No comments: