Friday, April 03, 2009

Whither Voice Mail

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm one of the world's worst responders to voice mail messages.

I always understood the psychology of it: with 4 e-mail accounts and 3 voice mail accounts, and office and home delivery of the mail, something has to give.

So my outgoing voice mail message suggests that people send an e-mail message.

What I did not understand that my behavior is part of a growing trend, as reported by Jill Colvin in "You've Got Voice Mail, but do You Care?" published in Friday's New York Times.

And, the article reports that, rather than being rude, the message that people send an e-mail message is considered to be appropriate behavior.

Read the whole article at http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/02/fashion/02voicemail.html?em=&pagewanted=all

No comments: